Thursday, January 16, 2014

Field Trip - Ayutthaya

Today I tagged along on the M2 field trip even though I don't teach this grade. All OEG teachers are allowed to go on ANY field trip no matter the grade because our coordinator would like us to see as much as Thailand as possible. 

Today was long but interesting! We left at about 6.30 AM and got back at about 7.20 PM. It was a lot of bus time but it was worth it because we got to see a place that was once the capital for over 400 years. It was the capital until it was destroyed by the Burmese in 1767. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and it was already on my travel "to go" list so it worked out perfectly when the school asked if I wanted to join! Today we explored lots of ruins and visited some temples. We ended the day with a monk throwing holy water on us and watching the students and teachers donate money and pray with him. 















The girls with our "tour guide" - hopefully he
 told us the truth.













1 comment:

  1. I am glad that I saw this post. It is informative blog for us and we need this type of blog thanks for share this blog, Keep posting such instructional blogs and I am looking forward for your future posts.
    Airport Limo

    ReplyDelete